Saturday 9 August 2014

Popping my blogging cherry!

Wow so where to begin? Perhaps introducing myself would be a good start! 

Hi there! My name is Katie, I am 22 years old and live in Perth, Western Australia. I suppose I should also say why I've decided to write a blog too?  I very only recently discovered a huge interest of mine- YouTube! I know, I know, I'm extremely late to be jumping on the bandwagon but hey, better late than never right?! As I have always had an interest in fashion and beauty it wasn't long until I found some Australian-based beauty YouTube gurus such as Chloe Morello, Lauren Curtis and Sharon Farrel. I immediately fell in love! I knew that this was something I could see myself doing and I wanted to be apart of it straight away. I began my channel soon after watching hundreds of videos, and gaining some knowledge and much needed insight into the YouTube world. After uploading a few ho-hum videos that weren't of the highest quality, I decided to stop for a while and save some money for some professional equipment (and by professional I mean a camera that wasn't sprouting from a laptop). I'm pleased to say that I am now a proud owner of decent lighting and a REAL camera and I began filming again this week. Now I should probably answer my original question about why I started a blog shouldn't I? Well in my opinion, blogging and vlogging go hand-in-hand, especially when it comes to beauty, fashion and lifestyle. I also love writing and thought it would be the perfect thing to quench my writing desires!

I've linked my makeup tutorial below, I hope you enjoy it! 

It must be noted that although I have a love for everything beauty related, I am not a professional (but I have enrolled myself in a makeup course for the end of the year)! Anyway, basically what I'm trying to get at (very inadvertently) is that I am no expert, so everything that I have shown you is self-taught and won't be perfect, but hey, who/what is?! 

Love Katie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment